Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Corn muffins

So yesterday was quite a day. I didn't have to work, which praise the Lord! was a good thing because my 7 month old was awake crying every hour until 3 a.m. That alone made for an interesting day! We made it through the morning until naptime and I don't think I have ever been so happy to lay my children down for nap in my entire life! I was asleep, understandably, not long after them.

Then came the banging. An hour after we had fallen asleep, there was someone banging on my door. "Oh my" I thought "this better not be someone trying to sell me something!". It wasn't. It was my sister needing some place to feed her baby. So I'm half asleep trying to talk to her and as I'm dreaming about sleep, I hear "Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah. Cupcakes. Blah blah blah". Rewind! She wanted me to make cupcakes and bring them over later, simply because cupcakes sounded good.

Hmmmmm. So off my brain went a-whirling and my hands (well, electric mixer) went a-mixing. We tasted the cupcakes at her house a few hours later and the frosting was excellent. Even my husband (picky as he is) loved the frosting, but there was something off with the cupcake itself. As my sister was tasting the cupcake she says "Where have I tasted this before? It seems so familiar". Lightbulb - it tasted like a corn muffin! As soon as I said it both my husband and sister were in complete agreement. This cupcake most definitely tastes like a corn muffin with some frosting on top.

Needless to say, I won't be using that recipe again and the rest of the cupcakes/corn muffins went to the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment