Friday, September 16, 2011

Cake pops

I've gotten some new business lately and let me tell ya, it is exciting! My brother works as one of the lead techs at a local car lot and he had me make 6 dozen cupcakes a few weeks ago in honor of one of the employees birthdays. Six dozen cupcakes; red velvet, funfetti and chocolate peanut butter. Quite an order!

On a side note, can I just say how in love I am with the chocolate peanut butter cupcakes?! Mmmm they are just so delicious! In fact, the more I'm thinking about them, the better they sound ;)

Another area that's really taking off lately is cake pops. Just this week, I had a friend order 2 dozen of them and I delivered them to her OB/GYN's office...she just had a baby a few weeks ago. What a fabulous idea this is! I never sent anything, not even a note (horrible, I know) thanking my doctor's office after the birth of either of my son's. With my youngest being a preemie, I really should have taken the time! But that's the thing, when you have a newborn, who has time to make some cupcakes or cake pops or anything special for that matter? So I was especially pleased when she asked me to make them and I even delivered them for her. Great idea! Wish I had thought of it! Feel free to pass it along :)

No comments:

Post a Comment