Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Special request

Last week, I received a special request for some cherry cupcakes. They wanted chocolate cupcakes with cherry pie filling and I was definitely intrigued, as this is something I've never done before. I decided to fill the cupcakes after they were cooked instead of baking the filling in. I mean, come on, if you want a chocolate cupcake with cherry pie filling, I'm going to give you a chocolate cupcake with cherry pie filling!

So I baked up some chocolate cupcakes and cored the center of them, giving us the most room for filling inside the cake. My ever-faithful-partner-in-crime (my husband) and I then pureed some cherry pie filling and we filled those cupcakes wih it and then filled them some more. This cherry-filled cupcakes definitely did not lack any cherry! A little frosting with a cherry on top of the cupcake and some cherry glaze drizzled over it and wa-la! Beautiful cupcakes with a cherry surprise in the middle. Pictures to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment