Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Seeing red

This Valentine's Day, my niece was having a party and asked me to make red velvet cupcakes for the event. She talked about these cupcakes every time I saw her for a month solid. The funny part is, I never once told her I was definitely making them! Ahhh the faith of a 10-year-old!

So of course, I made her cupcakes. And of course, I made the red velvet cupcakes she so desperately wanted. I have never made red velvet anything before. Or cream cheese frosting for that matter. After the cupcakes were all done, my husband and I tasted them and we thought they were pretty darn good, but I was worried about what my sister and niece would think of them. Like I said, this is something I've never done before! I guess I need not have worried because during the party, I received a text from my sister that said "OMG fabulous"...I knew exactly what she was talking about! So I asked her if she really liked them and she said they were so fabulous she just hid one for herself!

My internet access is still very limited at this point, but once I am able, I will post pictures of all of the Valentine's Day cupcakes I made, including the red velvets.

No comments:

Post a Comment