Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lemon Blueberry

 I did it! I finally broke down and made some cupcakes, just because I wanted to. It helped tremendously that my uncle fixed our air conditioner, so I wasn't as concerned about heating up my house and then roasting for the rest of the day. I was reading a little on the Cupcakes Take the Cake blog (www.cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com) and stumbled across a recipe for lemon blueberry cupcakes. I was sold.
 I do have to say that I took a few shortcuts. The butter wasn't quite room temp (the microwave may have helped with that) and I used frozen blueberries from last summer, but since these were just for us I didn't feel too bad. These cupcakes were divine,even with the shortcuts. My husband isn't a huge sweets person, but he would eat 4 of them at a time. So yummy! I will say my biggest concern was when I was scooping the batter into the baking cups and hoping I would end up with blueberries in each cupcake (which I did ), but that's a risk you've got to take when working with fruit I suppose.
 The frosting was good as well, but I'm not sure it worked so great with these cupcakes. It was a lemon cream cheese. Both my husband and I liked it, but not so much on the cupcake. Again, it doesn't help that I was pressed for time and the ingredients were already room temperature and I didn't want to waste those ingredients. I would have played with the frosting a little more, but just flat out ran out of time. So with that being said, the frosting might have been perfect for it. I think we will have to have another trial run with these to see for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment